Fruit and Seed Loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Serves: 15 slices
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Serves: 15 slices
A deliciously moreish slice that is Nut-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free and Vegan! with all the wonderful flavours of seeds, raisins and spices that make a healthy and wonderful version of the old fashion fruit bread.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds (linseeds)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- 4 Tbs psyllium seed husks
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 3 Tbs light olive oil, (or avocado oil)
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 Tbs cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk maple syrup, oil, mashed banana, vanilla and water together.
- Combine all the rest of the ingredients in a separate large bowl.
- Add both mixes together and mix very well until everything is completely soaked. NB Mix and pour quickly as this dough thickens very fast and becomes harder to work with the longer it’s left.
- Press into a small loaf tin ( this does not rise so it will come out the size it is in the tin) and smooth the top of the loaf.
- Place loaf pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack, removing the baking paper, and bake for another 40-45 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Store bread in a tightly sealed container in the fridge.
- This bread can be frozen and it is best sliced first and wrapped individually for easy access.